Developers guide:Add to official firmware
In order to add a new coin/token/network to the official Trezor firmware, follow these instructions:
First, the definition needs to be added. This is done by sending a pull request to the trezor-common repository on GitHub.
The location depends on the type of the asset to be added:
- Bitcoin clones should be added to the defs/bitcoin subdirectory as separate .json files
- Ethereum networks should be added to the defs/ethereum/networks.json file
- Ethereum tokens should be added to the ethereum-lists/tokens repository
- NEM mosaics should be added to the defs/nem/nem_mosaics.json file
- other coins should be added to the defs/misc/misc.json file
Once the definition is accepted, the communication protocol needs to be estabilished. This is done by expanding the definitions of messages or adding completely new messages in the trezor-common protob subdirectory. Please study the files in this directory to understand how it works.
After the message definitions are pulled in, you can work on your changes to trezor-core firmware.