You would like to contribute to Trezor firmware? Great!
Adding a small feature or a fix
If your change is somewhat subtle, feel free to file a PR in one of the appropriate repositories directly. See the PR requirements noted at the bottom of this page.
Adding a new coin
Forks and derivatives
If the coin you are adding is a fork of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency we already support (in other words, new app is not needed) you can modify the definitions in the trezor-firmware repository and file a PR. In such case the coin does not have to be in TOP30 (see below). The location depends on the type of the asset to be added:
- Bitcoin clones should be added to the common/defs/bitcoin subdirectory as separate .json files
- Ethereum networks should be added to the common/defs/ethereum/networks.json file
- Ethereum tokens should be added to the ethereum-lists/tokens repository
- NEM mosaics should be added to the common/defs/nem/nem_mosaics.json file
- other coins should be added to the common/defs/misc/misc.json file
At the moment, we do not have the capacity to add new coins that do not fit the aforementioned category. Our current product goal is to unite what we support in firmware and in Trezor Suite and since firmware is way ahead of Suite we want to pause for a bit, implement the remaining coins into Suite and then consider adding new coins. This effectively means that our team will not be accepting any requests to add new cryptocurrencies.