Recovery refers to the process of using a recovery seed to restore and enable access to already existing accounts.
Preparing your Trezor for recovery
My Trezor is new and/or empty
Your Trezor is ready for you to restore your wallet using your recovery seed. Skip to Recovery process.
My Trezor is initialized
If you lost your PIN and need access to your accounts, or if you wish to load a different seed onto your device, you will need to wipe the memory of your Trezor. See Wiping the Trezor device for detailed instructions.
If your Trezor is not initialized, an option to either create a new wallet or recover an existing one is presented. If the device has already been initialized and you would like to recover a different seed, return to the Preparing your Trezor for recovery section above.
1. Click on the Recover wallet button and prepare to enter your recovery seed.
2. Select the corresponding number of words in your seed using your Trezor touchscreen. Trezor is capable of recovering 12, 18, and 24-word-long seeds.
3. Enter the individual words of your seed on your device, following the instructions displayed on the Trezor touchscreen.
Example of entering the word "CRIME":
- Press the "abc" button 3 times to enter the letter "C"
- Press the "pqr" button 3 times to enter the letter "R"
- Press the "ghi" button 3 times to enter the letter "I"
- Press the "mni" button once to enter the letter "M"
- Press the "def" button twice to enter the letter "E"
Make sure you are not misspelling your seed words. For more information, please see Commonly misspelled recovery seed words.
Once you have successfully recovered your wallet, continue the setup by enabling basic security features and customizing your experience.
See also: User manual:Dry-run recovery