User manual:Creating a custom ERC-20 token
This tutorial will guide you through creating your custom on the Ethereum blockchain. The steps outlined below detail the process using "MetaMask-native" wallet, putting the emphasis on the convenience of the process.
Try the process using the Test network first. Once you are confident, follow the steps using the main Ethereum network (instead of Ropsten).
How to create Ropsten (testnet) ERC20 tokens using Metamask and Remix
1. Add Metamask to Chrome
2. Create a MetaMask account (or recover old one)
3. In Metamask, in the top right corner, switch to Ropsten Test Network
4. Request some ether (deposit) from the faucet
5. Go to remix.ethereum.org and select "Solidity."
6. Select New file and click on OK
7. Paste the code template from Szymon Lesisz's Github into the newly created file
8. Go to "Compiler" (3rd button on the left), select Compiler (0.55.11) and compile your file
9. Go to "Deploy" (4th button on the left)
10. Set "Environment" to "injected web3" (connect Remix with MetaMask), your MetaMask account should be visible in "account" field
11. Set proper contract name "Token - browser/<yourfile>.sol (below "gaslimit" and "value")
12. Click on the arrow on the right side of "Deploy."
13. Fill contract params (name, symbol, decimals, total supply) and click on "Transact."
15. Confirm transaction in MetaMask
16. After the transaction is mined successfully, your token will gain its own address (link to explorer will be visible in both Remix and Metamask).
17. Open MetaMask account details.
18. "Add token" > "Custom token" > paste the token contract address (rest of the params should be loaded automatically).
19. Your token and your balance should be visible in your metamask account.
20. Now you can send your token to an Ethereum address secured by your Trezor.
Publish your code
1. Validate your token source code on explorer https://ropsten.etherscan.io/address/<contract-addres>
2. Select the "Contract" tab, click verify.
3. Select values (the compiler should be set to the same version as in Remix, licence, etc.).
4. Paste token source code (from Remix/gist).