User manual:Running a local instance of Trezor Wallet backend (Blockbook)
It is possible to install and run Blockbook on your computer. With Trezor Wallet installed and running as a local instance, you can be completely independent from connecting to the SatoshiLabs servers.
To install it on Linux, please use this step-by-step guide:
1. To install blockbook you will need to use Linux Debian version 9 (Stretch) or later.
Before you start installing blockbook, please check the latest blockchain size of your cryptocurrency and be sure to have this amount + approximately 35% of the size of the blockchain for the blockbook available on your hard drive.
Switch to root privileges before proceeding with the installation.
2. Install docker using this guide:
3. Clone blockbook git:
git clone https://github.com/trezor/blockbook
4. Go to blockbook directory and run:
make all-<coin> (eg. make all-bitcoin)
5. Go to blockbook/build directory and run:
apt install <package name> (eg., apt install backend-bitcoin_0.16.1-satoshilabs1_amd64.deb)
6. Now you can start synchronizing with the network:
systemctl start backend-<coin>.service (eg. systemctl start backend-bitcoin.service)
7. If you want to check the status of your synchronizing go to /opt/coins/data/<coin>/backend (eg., /opt/coins/data/bitcoin/backend) and check the status in debug.log file.
8. If the blockchain is fully synchronized, you can start installing your blockbook. Go to directory blockbook/build and run:
apt install <blockbook package> (eg., apt install blockbook-bitcoin_0.0.6_amd64.deb)
9. Run blockbook:
systemctl start blockbook-<coin>.service (eg., systemctl start blockbook-bitcoin.service)
10. Blockbook is now synchronizing with your blockchain, you can check the status in /opt/coins/blockbook/<coin>/logs/blockbook.INFO (eg. /opt/coins/blockbook/bitcoin/logs/blockbook.INFO) or by visiting https://localhost:<blockbook public port> (eg., https://localhost:9130 for bitcoin)
11. After a full synchronization, your blockbook is now running at localhost port.
12. Now you can connect your Trezor Wallet to your local blockbook instance by using custom backend:
Wallet settings - Bitcore Server URL - https://localhost:<blockbook public port> (eg., https://localhost:9130 for Bitcoin)
See this table for used ports