User manual:Moving funds to a wallet with a newly generated seed
If you think that your recovery seed might have been compromised, we recommend sending your funds to your other Trezor device as soon as possible (see Making payments).
If you own only one Trezor device, you can move your funds to a new wallet with a newly generated seed. Doing so safely is a relatively complicated process. Be sure to follow the instructions below carefully and always be sure to write down the recovery seed carefully. This process is meant for experienced users only.
- Your Trezor device
- Your current recovery seed
- A sheet of paper (or an empty recovery card)
- A pen
You have one Trezor device available
Now follow these steps:
- Make sure you have the original recovery seed available. Check the validity of the seed using the dry-run recovery feature.
- Wipe your Trezor device (see Wiping your Trezor).
- Set up your Trezor with a new recovery seed and carefully write the seed down (see Create a new wallet.
- Now you need to get the receiving address for your newly generated wallet:
- Select the cryptocurrency that you want to transfer.
- Go to the Account 1 page and click on the Receive tab.
- Write down the receiving address of your new Trezor account (see Receiving payments).
- Make sure that you have your new recovery seed written down. Wipe the device (see Wiping your Trezor).
- Recover your Trezor with the old recovery seed (see Recovery) and send your funds to the receiving address of your new account (see Making payments).
- Wipe your device again.
- Recover your Trezor using your new recovery seed.
You have multiple Trezor devices available
Skip the first step if you wish to use an already initialized Trezor (with existing and backed-up accounts)
- Initialize your other device. Create the back-up for this wallet by carefully writing down the recovery seed offline.
- Generate the necessary receiving address(es) and write it or them down.
- Transfer the cryptocurrencies from the device with the original recovery seed into the other device.
- Wipe the original device, or use the old seed for your preferred purposes.
Consider enabling passphrase protection for an added layer of security for your accounts.